Friday, June 9, 2006

Reality TV of a Different Sort

I have a new guilty pleasure.

Tonight I was flipping channels and I came across a show on Animal Planet called "Meerkat Manor". You guys, you have simply GOT to watch this show!! It's the story of an extended family of meerkats living near the Kalahari Desert, their struggles to survive, and the workings of their society. If you'd tried to tell me yesterday that I'd be caught up in the social machinations of a bunch of exotic rodents, I would have looked at you like you'd lost your everlovin' mind--but I seriously can't wait for next week's episode! And it's not even a cute-little-animal thing; they look like vertically-oriented ferrets, really, which does nothing for me. It's just really interesting, what they go through and how they relate to each other.

It's not "Deadwood", but I'm still hooked.

1 comment: