Tuesday, August 7, 2007

And I Thought Saturday Night Was Weird.

I am linking to this comment because it is easily the most fuxxored-up thing I have ever, ever, ever seen. And it comes from California. (Ooh. Shocker.)

:::shaking head:::

These people live among us. And people wonder why I have no fear of death.

************************************************************
In other news, as of today, I am officially No Longer A Homeowner.

I don't know exactly what comes next--from everything I've read, they can't put me out in the street for at least a little while--and so I'm not fretting myself about it. Seething, yes, because this didn't have to happen and it could have been stopped and the person who could have stopped it chose instead to use money as a source of control, all the while claiming it was "for the best"--yeah, for HER best--but I'm not worrying.

It's only a house. My life doesn't go with it. I am losing walls, a roof, and a floor.

I've lost many, many harder things before.

But this loss didn't have to happen. That's what galls me. That may be petty and childish, but in my heart of hearts I know WHY my mother made the decision she made, and it had nothing to do with any of her stated concerns, and everything to do with the statement I've heard at least a thousand times in the three years and ten months I've owned this building: "I wish you didn't live in That Neighborhood." THAT's what it was about, plain and simple, and I know this all the way down to my bones.

THAT's why I'm angry.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, I never get comments like that. You rock.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry, Gladys. I do believe, though, that everything happens for a reason. If you can get through your previous experiences, you can get through this no problem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WHOA. That is a weird comment.

    I'm sorry about your house. Wish I could help.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got a comment like that once. It was pretty amazing. Schizophrenia, boys and girls. It's a head trip.

    Sorry about your house. I hope that some how this can be reframed as a new start.

    ReplyDelete