Saturday, October 13, 2007

Aughhroo??

That title, should you wonder, is the transcription of the sound made by a large dog as it cocks its head and looks at you in confusion after you've done something perplexing. It implies total bewilderment, which is what I'm experiencing here.

So someone, tell me this: How, if an individual has extraordinarily-limited English skills, does that same individual expect to understand the content and subject-matter of an English-taught class in a highly-specialized, exceedingly complex field?? If your English skills are so weak that you can't translate the contents of an error window on your computer, how on Earth are you going to understand what's being said?

Also, not to show any disrespect to my younger readers, but...seriously, some of these people? Raised by wolves. By RUDE wolves, in fact. If your print job is in the middle of a stack of other people's print jobs, and there are names on the cover sheets in an effort to assist you in sorting them, and there is a rack LITERALLY next to the printer so people can find the jobs that belong to them, WHY would you dump EVERYONE ELSE's job on the side of the printer, taking only your own? And why would you ALSO leave your cover sheet on the printer table, instead of putting it into the recycling file?

They won't let me hang a sign that says "We've Fired The Maid--Clean Up After Yourself!" Nor will they let me hang one that says "Your Mama Doesn't Work Here Anymore".

No one EVER lets me have any fun.

I'm beginning to worry about the future, though--if this is the cream of the crop, I'm thinking we've got an EXCEEDINGLY curdled crop here. And everything I see reinforces my already-pretty-well-reinforced decision not to have kids.

You've simply GOTTA wonder about some of these parents, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment