Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Truncated For Your Health

Either I am a rotten blogger, or I have the most boring life EVER.

I am on 100% Supreme Autopilot, mostly. The wildest things have gotten in the past month was last weekend, when Tim and I had plans to go visit a friend of his who has totally wanted to meet me, allegedly, for some very long time; potential-boyfriend noises were being made, unless I'm completely over-interpreting things. I haven't even MET this guy; haven't even SEEN him. We're at that point of the party, folks; not QUITE "desperate acts based solely on the fear of dying alone", but getting there. Getting VERY there. And then the same weekend, out of the clear blue, CR called me and told me he was coming into town and wanted to see me. As in, "see" me. Which I thought was one HELL of a lot of nerve, coming from a guy who quite thoroughly eviscerated my self-image re: that topic as he left, but I didn't say so, because: see above re the current state of the party. All options are being kept open at this time. (Well, NEARLY all options. The guy at work who has a crush on me, the one who stinks so bad that even after he leaves, his actual CHAIR continues to stink; HE is not on the open-options list. Nor is Tim. So: All non-nauseating options are being kept open at this time.)

And so the weekend came, and the rain was so rainy and the snow so snowy and the weather so Chicago-in-March-y that we cancelled the gathering at Tim's friend's place; and then CR counted his money one more time and decided he couldn't afford the trip after all, but didn't tell me that til Monday, when the game of phone tag finally ended. So basically the weekend was a washout, which was really no problem for me; I slept. A lot.

I've been playing around on Facebook a lot lately. For the longest damn time I had exactly one friend on Facebook, and then Tim and Squeaky added me so I had three, but then Squeaky de-friended me as part of some revenge plot on someone or another--no, don't ask, it's just not worth it. So then for a while I had only two friends, but then one day I used that "Find people you know" tool, and it turned out that one of the few grade-school people I kept in touch with was also on Facebook. So I added her, and in her profile was "Our Lady of Visible Discomfort Grammar School, Class of 1984." And there, in one place, was...everybody from my class, mostly.

(I'm stopping here; though I've actually written QUITE a lot after this point, I'm going to hold off posting it til I see whether I might feel a little less self-pitying sometime soon. The same old shit, mah peeps--the "why" and the "what now" and the blah, blah, blah. If you want some of that, there are all sorts of morose old posts of mine to read, but right now I'm even making mySELF a little sick.)

1 comment:

  1. Facebook is the bane of my existence right now. I hate how you get so sucked into it! And my self esteem! Its worse than Myspace (and myspace does a number on my self esteem, i mean, why am I not everyone's number one friend, right?) I have co-wokers that do that mobile upload thingy and you get a message on your phone while you're working "So and so is really cranky with a customer" Great! come tell me about it. Seriously. I get an update on my phone every time you do that, I don't want a play by play of your whole life.

    Its killing me.

    Missed you, by the way.

    Alecya/xx

    ReplyDelete