Thursday, August 6, 2009

Time For A New Post...

Yup. Sure is!!

And in a few days, I may have actual concrete news to put in one (hint: it involves a drastic reduction in the head-count here in Gladystopia--but since it's not an accomplished fact yet, I refuse to get my hopes up. We've been down THIS road before!)

In other news:

My delightful employers (may a trillion centipedes take up residence in their sock-drawer) have decided, as a "temporary" solution to a problem they themselves created, to move me to the downtown building, changing my start time from 10 AM to 8 AM, til further notice.

Have I mentioned that my current building is TWO BLOCKS AWAY from where I live?
Have I also mentioned that I LOVE my schedule? Or that I am NOT a morning person??

Well, I know I mentioned the first two to D-Bag, the boss from the last post; I also asked him flat-out if this was a further instance of Punishment for the Remedial Tech--they've already implemented this theory twice before, both times as "response" to some mistake or inefficiency on my part. (Sidebar: If you were a manager, and one of your employees had a difficult time accomplishing something as quickly as the others--for whatever reason, or possibly for no reason at all other than that she's not as well-educated in what she's doing as some of the others--but if you had an employee who had a hard time doing something quickly, what would be your response? (pauses for everyone to think about it) Okay. Did any of you say "Take that responsibility away from her, thus making it harder on all her co-workers, while making it perfectly clear to all why she no longer has this responsibility"?? What?? You DIDN'T think of that? You think that's a pretty effing cockamamie damn way to run a railroad?? Well, my friends, THIS is why you don't work where I do--because apparently YOU are in possession of some common sense. Incidentally--having thought long and hard about this myself, for reasons which I'm sure are apparent--my answer was "Give her a smaller number of tasks of this kind, while working closely with her to see what the problem areas are and to improve her speed in performing this task." Which just shows why I'M not suitable for management either.)

There's actually a lot more going on--not all of it great--but it's going to have to wait til I have definite confirmation on the other news, since it all ties in one way or another.

1 comment:

  1. Aaarrrggghhh! I hate having to be patient! I'm glad you updated, though. How soon will you have the other news?

    ReplyDelete