Saturday, May 20, 2006

Formal Introduction


Ladies and gentlemen, allow me to introduce the newest addition to the Story of Why family.

He is six weeks old--he was born on April Fool's Day--and in the two days with which we have been acquainted, he has been a perfect hellion. He yowls all night from his carrier (where he has to sleep, at least til he's a little bigger and has a little more sense) and often yowls with no reason at all. I think he likes the sound of his own voice.

He is also soft, cuddly, and--as you can see--adorable. And he has quite a purr, as well.

Whitey, though he's not thrilled about the new addition, is at least tolerating him fairly well. The prevailing attitude seems to be "You're too small to hurt me, but I still don't think I like the idea of you." I've been introducing them for short periods of time; the first one, if I'd had a video camera, would have easily netted me $10,000 from "America's Funniest Videos". Whitey walked into the room; Anonymous bopped right up to him and tried to sniff him. Whitey backed away; Anonymous advanced. The faster Whitey retreated, the faster the little guy came at him, til finally they were running laps around the bedroom, with Whitey casting disbelieving looks behind him and the little one tearing along after Whitey's tail. It was a beautiful moment....Whitey, the Thug Cat, being driven utterly to distraction by a tiny ball of fur.

Now if I could only think of a good name for him--rough-and-tumble, boyish, yet feline.





P.S. Firefly--was I lying?

10 comments:

  1. Kitties are just adorable! :) enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone loves kittens, eh?
    I know I do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Watch that one, he's got that mischeivious spark in his eye!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwwwwwwwwww.

    I'm with Spin: he's got a mischievious streak. Look at the twinkle in those blue eyes of his.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are NOT kidding about that mischievious streak--he's a devil-kitty, is what he is. And I love him to bits. Last night we had Alien Kitty Ear-Probe--have you ever had your ears DIRECTLY purred into? It tickles mightily--and a wonderful round of Bite Mommy's Nose. (That game ended quickly with the introduction of Mr. Spray Bottle.) Next lesson: Feet Are Bad. He's CONSTANTLY underfoot--not a problem for me, since I'm cautious, but LJ's coming home today and with his big size-13's lumbering around, I'm nervous about little paws and tails.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You should name him Satan.
    That's my vote.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rough and tumble, yet feline? Sounds like what prision should be like for a certain gentleman. How about kenny-boy

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH! So naughty...and the fact that he looks a bit like my Zipper doesn't hurt at all ;)

    ReplyDelete