Friday, December 21, 2007

Pardon Our Dust

So...yeah, Phase One of the Great Remodeling Experiment has begun. (end blatantly obvious statements) It'll get better, I promise.

I am in raptures because I have discovered that I could, were I so inclined, use some of my SketchFu efforts as background images. I looooove me some SketchFu.

Otherwise, nothing new; just getting ready for Christmas. I'm not feeling it this year--I say that as though it's somehow different from any of the last few years!--and I'm seeing my holiday apathy as proof that I'm still somewhat depressed.

(Wait...I thought I ended the blatantly-obvious statements up there somewhere. Oh well.)

5 comments:

  1. I don't know whether "anonymous" who left the comment I removed above is one of my regular readers; I certainly hope not. If so, please e-mail me privately. Unfortunately I can't find out, because with the remodel, I'd neglected to replace my SiteMeter code, and so I can't see from where it came. I googled part of the comment and discovered that it originally came from The Onion. Normally I love the Onion, but that....that was a little too much.

    So it's gone now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gladys, I love your blog and enjoy following your life vicariously. So I'm really distressed about the "remodeling." Please, please, please reconsider your decision to go with reverse type (white/color on black background). It's just too hard to read. I suspect that I, and probably others, will be less frequent visitors. Thanks for considering this request.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cody--You missed a verbatim reprint of an Onion article with really interesting overtones. Google "Carney Gardens" if you're interested...

    Karen...Really????? oh, man. Hm. Yeah, I can go with that. V 2.0, coming soon...ish. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. see, i actually liked the white on black. sleeping late, making cookies all in a nice quiet space to myself. aaaah. that actually sounds quite 5.
    i've hardly ever heard you talk about your dad. i didn't realize when i met you that he'd JUST died. wow.
    i totally hear ya on the holidays. i couldn't look at the "look at all your shiny happy relatives who are your age or younger and their spawn" table. i just run by and hiss at it.
    christmas does indeed seem small and maybe spawning all over the place would create that Norman Rockwell family scene i always seem to wish for, but then again,i can't think of any reason on planet earth why anyone would want kids. someone please enlighten me. so the uneasy feeling remains.
    anyway, miss you.
    one day we HAVE to get together
    -firefly

    ReplyDelete