Wednesday, January 24, 2007

This Is Getting Very Tiresome

Those of you who, as requested, had your appendages crossed on my behalf? You may uncross them, for now.

I called the place where I had my awesome interview, and was told they'd decided on another candidate.

I'm not gonna lie--this one stings. I really, REALLY thought I had it. And it would have been a great fit for me, too.

I'm starting to question this whole process--like, am I perhaps being sent a message here which I'm not getting? Which, maybe, I'm choosing to ignore because I'm scared to follow it, or because maybe following it might mean changing my life in ways I'd rather not have to??

I don't know. But regardless, one of the major venerable cultural institutions in the city of Chicago? Is now and forever cordially invited to suck it. They don't know what they're missing.

I, on the other hand, DO know what I'm missing...a steady paycheck, any means of financial support, and--just for the moment--a fair-sized chunk of self-confidence.

Man, this sucks.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear this. Something will come your way. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear about this too. I know what you are going through. Encouraging thoughts going your way. Big purrs.

    ReplyDelete