Thursday, May 10, 2007

Just For The Record

I?

Am really, REALLY drunk right now.

I don't intend to stay this way, but right now....yeah, it's nice.

(I would also like to ask the Chicago Bulls, in three letters or less, "WTF??????" (Okay, that's three letters and six questionmarks, but...c'mon, y'all. We had a 15 point lead. What happened???? One minute I look and we're winning, the next thing I know it's a 3-0 series. That's not cool, guys. I mean, it's in keeping with the trend for the day, but it's still not cool.))

In case you were wondering: yes, I am a lightweight. This is the effects of <6 Coronas, with lime, consumed on a nearly-empty stomach. So no, those of you who know the history of my addictive personality, I have not been chugging whiskey straight from the bottle, or anything goofy. I've simply chosen a) not to eat, and b) to indulge in a bit more alcohol than is my wont. Don't panic. It was this or Ben & Jerry's, and frankly I was more in the mood for this.

However, Corona also has been known to inspire the "gift" of grammatical license. And so:

I
Cannot
Effing
BELIEVE
Those
Rich-Ass
People
Who
Fired
Me
Today.

speaking of "WTF??????" I mean, seriously. Double U, Tee, Eff. If I ever have a business (Firefly's quote: "You know what this means? This means you have to get going on the bakery, or the book. Clearly you didn't take the hint last time." My reply: "Apparently God has got a hammer and is whacking me over the head with this information.") If I ever have a business, and I have an employee who is not living up to expectations, I will--I know, stick with me because this is a wacky concept, people: I will TELL them. And then? I will HELP them to reach the point they were expected to reach.

Would someone like to explain to me where, exactly, is the harm in this model? Because I didn't see it before I started drinking, and I still don't see it now. So...is it not there? I'm thinking it isn't. What is the harm in saying "Hey, I see you're having problems. Here's some good ideas as to how you might get past them"?????

I'm thinking, just maybe, there IS no problem with that. Generally if I don't see a problem with something in either state--altered or non-altered--that generally means there's not one.

Don't worry. I'm not in the Heroin Place. If I was in the Heroin Place, I'd have acted on it already. It's strange--normal stress, even abnormal stress, does not take me to the Heroin Place. Only JP's memory has ever gotten me to that place. I miss him, yeah. I'll ALWAYS miss him. That's a given. But losing a job? Manageable. Not a huge deal, especially not when I take into account all the other little twinges and dings that this job has given me in the four (FOUR!) weeks (WEEEEKS!!!) that I've been working there. (HOW, exactly, does anyone know that someone's a failure in the space of twenty working days? I mean, either they're judging WAY too fast, or I'm a spectacular failure. Somehow? I'm not-so-much thinkin' it's me, yanno?)

I'm fine. I'll be fine.
I'll be hung-over, is what I'll be.
But I'll still be fine.
Thanks, all of you.
I appreciate it all.

2 comments: