Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Damn!

Well, I missed my big milestone: At 6:59 PM on December 26th, The Story of Why received its 20.000th hit. It came from Arlington Heights, IL and they didn't seem to do anything interesting--dropped by, read something, and dropped out. And I am amazed that, on 20,000 separate occasions, someone thought "Hm, that sounds interesting" or "Gee, I wonder what Gladys is up to" or even "Holy God I'm bored--here, lemme kill another three minutes with this dreck."

So, anonymous non-message-leaving Arlington-Heights-dwelling reader: thank you. And thank you to the other 19,999 of you, as well. As I've said before, I don't know what keeps you coming back, but I'm glad you do.

2 comments:

  1. From Joe in Arlington Heights, "Your Welcome" You have a singular talent for writing, and I feel honored that I am the 20,000 visitor. I've been lurking for years, rooting you on in private, and now it seems that I won the Grand Prize, so I have to leave my first comment. Keep pushing on Gladys, we love you.

    ReplyDelete