Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Diversions

Finally, I have decided to take advantage of my new scanner to scan some of my old artwork into electronic form. Rather than clutter up the whole blog with pictures (I have mercy on those of you with dial-up connections) I uploaded them to my Comcast site, and here are the links instead.

This picture was painted in 1994, while JP and I were living together. In fact, there is a subset of these pictures which were painted on the same night, the night before New Years' Eve, when JP and his friend Justin and I sat at the kitchen table all night, painting and talking and making plans.

These three were painted by JP on that same night.
One
Two
Three

Here's another one of mine from that night. I couldn't begin to explain it.

I like spirals. Can you tell?

A few months later, I painted this and this. We had a collection of heroin-themed artwork; these were part of it. A year or so later, when I'd learned a little (both about addiction and Illustrator) I created this, which would have fit in nicely with that collection.

I think I must have been really, really bored when I did this one. It's not as impressive when it's scanned, but each of those shapes is cut from construction paper and glued to the background. (I think a few pieces may have been lost in the intervening years.) This came from North Carolina, while I was staying with Firefly.

This came from another bout of boredom, this time at work. I was just learning to play with Illustrator, and I was amazed at how it came out.

And finally, a few more random contributions:
eyeball
drown
heart

Once I can get my dratted evil digital camera working, I'll post pictures of my non-paper-based artwork too.

4 comments:

  1. Happy New Year! I hope this one is a great one for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! for someone who likes to use depresants, the paintings have amazingly bright colours.

    Great post. Glad to see you're feeling better.

    May this new year be good to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Gladys,

    I followed your link from ichc again. This time I clicked on to your paintings. Cool! I like the sound of your life -- being a painter and hanging out with painters. I'm a writer but I mostly hang out with (fun) homosexual men (guess I'm a fag hag) as I live in Los Feliz neighborhood of Hollywood. I wrote you before about thanks for the link to the virtual pets. I played with bumpus a little bit -- now that I know how to feed them and play with them.

    I am cat butt squirrel butt on ichc and having trouble getting my flickr page to link.

    Keep up the artisitc work!

    Tamara

    ReplyDelete