Wednesday, February 8, 2006

Blow You A WHAT, Now?

Anyone wanna take a crack at explaining THIS one??

DURHAM, N.H. -- The alcohol that got Julia Zukerman into trouble with the law wasn't in her hand or in the front seat of her car. In fact, she was just walking when a police officer told her to "blow a kiss in my face" and smelled her breath for booze.

"I thought I was fine because I didn't have anything on me," said Zukerman, 19, waiting for her case to be called one recent morning in the courthouse of this college town. "Apparently not."


Italics mine, because...Okay, granted, this is apparently a "college town". But seriously--on WHAT planet, exactly, is "blow a kiss in my face" an appropriate request for law-enforcement personnel to make??

No--seriously.

If I were this girl, I would squawk so loudly about the total inappropriateness displayed by this officer...they'd HAVE to throw the case out. Yeah, sure, prevent underaged drinking, blah blah...but there's just no excuse for this.

3 comments:

  1. Yeah, the phrasing he used on that wasn't exactly smart. But, whatever can be done to keep underage kids from drinking - even if they are only walking and not driving drunk like idiots - should be done. She did something illegal and stupid, and if a vaguely inappropriate comment led to her arrest/punishment/whatever, then that's just fine by me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. People are idots. Really. I mean, I know she was drunk, but this takes no brains at all.

    Really, I don't know whats more sad, the officer getting away witht hat or the drunk girl letting him...

    ReplyDelete