Thursday, October 19, 2006

Something You Should Know

Throughout this blog, for three-odd years now, I have occasionally bitched about my mother--her actions both in the past and in the present, her attitudes, her sometimes-complete incomprehension of the one person who's got 50 percent of her DNA. And sometimes I've been right to bitch; like any other extremely-close relationship we have moments when we drive each other batshit poop-flinging crazy, and I'm well aware that the road to Batshit Crazy goes in both directions and that the only difference between my mother and I is that I have a blog and she doesn't.

But I'm gonna say this, tonight: Given the opportunity, which is something I don't often give her, my mother can be the most freakin' AWESOME human being in the world.

If I appear to forget that, at any time in the future, I do wish someone would remind me.

2 comments:

  1. Good, so glad hopefully this means she is helping you out w/ the house thing...my mom gets those calls too...eep.

    Hope all is well with Tim, Tim's cat, et al. Have you seen an employment lawyer about the work thing? There must be someone out there who does some pro bono work and could give you some advice... :S Oh, and I like your drawing, too bad we can't just rat that guy out on his extramarital ickyness...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, here's maybe your miracle cure for the sleepy...a big Austrailian tooter ;)

    Maybe I should get one myself.

    ReplyDelete