Sunday, July 29, 2007

Hee Hee Hee...

I met LJ's new girlfriend today, I think.

("You THINK? That's the best you can do--'I think'? What's THAT about?" Well, he said something when he told me who was coming to town with him about "cousin's girl" or some tenuous connection--but who refers to their cousin's girl as "babe"? hmmmmm...)

Anyway: I met LJ's new girlfriend today, I think.

She looks almost exactly like me, except with more tattoos and piercings, and (if possible) even rattier-around-the-edges. (My mother would probably sacrifice years of her life in exchange for the ability to force this girl to get a haircut, were they ever to meet.)

But otherwise: she's a short fat white girl, mid-30's, with long brown hair, questionable fashion sense, and a way of carrying herself which hints at compromised self-esteem. Outside, looking at her car (which she's loaning to me for a couple of weeks, at LJ's behest) we looked like good twin/bad twin.

It says a lot, I think, that I find this whole "coincidence" hugely entertaining--and confirms my suspicions that this was probably the best breakup ever. This is the first time I've ever been so okay with not-being-with-someone that I can meet their new girl and not hate either of them even a little. (...thinks back through major relationships...okay, #1 is married, and I'm jealous a little; #2, who cares--I don't even like HIM; #3 was JP; #4 isn't hetero anymore; #5 was CR and again--I PITY his girl more than anything, but I hated the chick he left me for; I don't know what happened to #6, but I wish him well; and LJ was #7.) So yeah--with the exception of #6, I have SOME negativity toward either the new girl or the old guy. I think that's pretty normal...isn't it?)

They left me the keys, then headed back to wherever-they-came-from, in my (MY!!) truck. I told them to be careful on their way back, and thought again: This is not so bad.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad that things seem to be getting more on an even keel with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next time post a picture of Lj's newest.

    ReplyDelete