Saturday, February 16, 2008

Oh, Yeah...

NASCAR NASCAR NASCAR!!!
Daytona is in less than 24 hours...the start of the new season. This season is going to be especially significant, because I'm going to my first race in July (I won tickets, which I would have bragged about more extensively but I couldn't go into any details because it was done under my real name, dammit) and I'm really, REALLY excited!

Thanks to his migration to Hendrick Motorsports, I've reluctantly had to suspend my loathing of Dale Junior. I can't hate ANY of the Hendrick guys...it would be like hating puppy-dogs or rainbows. He'll never be Kasey, of course, but he's no longer my unfavoritemost driver. I'm thinking that's Robby Gordon, maybe, or Juan Pablo Montoya. (I'll change my opinion of JPM if and when he stops being such a loose cannon on the track. Robby G, on the other hand, will NEVER stop being a loose cannon, and thus my opinion of him will never change. There's a difference between being a loose cannon AND ALSO a good driver--the Busch brothers come to mind, Kyle particularly--and just being an asshole, which is where Robby comes in. JPM may be a good guy, but he was WAY too aggressive last year in ALL the wrong situations. If he changes that, I'll change my opinion; if not, into the asshole file he goes.)

I'm hoping this race tomorrow will be as exciting as last night's Truck Series race...that was an AWESOME finish, almost as good as last year's Cup finish. And a win for Kasey would be nice, too...

No comments:

Post a Comment