Saturday, June 2, 2007

A Moment of (Now-Deleted) Bitching

(It's probably not a good thing when you think about a blog post afterwards and wonder "Was that really necessary?" So in the interest of fairness to my roomie--who, granted! was being a bit of a butthead for the past couple of days--I have removed the meat of a long bitchy post about his various quirks and lack of manners in some regard. He pisses me off sometimes, but: a) he's not a bad guy, really; b) he's TRYING to do right; and c) everyone gets excused for the occasional episode of ferocious buttheadedness. So the bitchfulness has been edited and consigned forever to "draft" status, and the non-bitchful portion of the post has been reproduced below, since it contains some relevant info.

However, since I am not inclined to let an entire post go by without crabbing about SOMETHING, let me oblige myself by saying: Is HOT. Is REALLY, REALLY hot. I feel...spongy. ::end bitching::)

... (paragraphs of needless crabbiness deleted)...
...In other, actually-important news: I had an interview Wednesday and another one next week, both for jobs that look really good. So we shall see... I'm hoping the first job calls me back for a second interview...I'm thinking that kinda might not happen, though, since they said they were going to decide who to call back by Monday at the latest, and here it is Friday and I've heard nuthin'. Still, the very fact that I got two calls right away makes me feel much more optimistic about the whole job-hunt process.

I do, though, hate the trepidation with which I now view the concept of "work". I feel like I will be walking on eggshells forever, because now I know firsthand what it's like to be out of work for a long time and to lose a job without warning--and I know once I get another job, I'm going to want to avoid that at any cost. I know it's going to keep me from speaking my mind sometimes, and keep me from taking any kind of risks--even if it's a good thing--just for fear of losing my security. And that sucks.

Still, if it means I've got a job, I'll settle for the sense of trepidation, no questions asked!

1 comment:

  1. Aw, I always miss the good stuff...

    On the job front: take heart! My mom, after FINALLY getting a job again after being laid off after 13 yrs. of faithful service to USAA (not to mention unfairly cheated out of her retirement benefits) was hired at a small credit union, only to be let go within the first 3 days (!!) and told she "couldn't keep up" by someone half her age...ARGH!

    She is now working for a very nice man about my age...still no benes but! no bullshit, either :)

    You'll find something great, I know, and totally suited to you. If in doubt, just look around your neighborhood post office...I guarantee you are 100% employable!

    ReplyDelete