Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Happy Birfday To Me

So yeah...I'm 37 now. Can't quite figure out how in the hell THAT happened, but there you go; one minute you can't drink legally, and the next, you're officially in your LATE 30's.

I'm decently well-adjusted about the "getting older" thing, though; I've spent the last few nights with a notebook, trying to figure out why I'm all balled-up inside, and strangely I feel like I've made progress. Of course, having 2 new job interviews scheduled for Friday doesn't hurt my mood any, either...I just feel peaceful, mostly.

Mostly.

Because... (NASCAR geek approaching...)

AUUUUGGGGHHH! Now do I keep hating DaleJr and transfer my hatred to Hendrick Motorsports as a whole, or do I keep hating DaleJr but continue to love the rest of the Hendrick team despite his presence, or do I just throw in the towel completely and become part of Junior Nation??? (I can tell you this: if NASCAR.com continues to refer to this development as the "New World Order", it's gonna make my decision much, MUCH easier. I mean, at LEAST be ORIGINAL!!)

I suppose I'm just going to have to give in and moderate my hatred somewhat--although strictly speaking, it's not Junior himself I despise, but his FANS--but this is going to be a big change in my worldview and it may take time.

And did he have to announce it on my BIRTHDAY, for pete's sake??

3 comments: