Saturday, August 16, 2008

End of (Yet Another) Error

I just saw LJ for what I'm pretty sure will be the last time.

I called to tell him the title on the truck had arrived; he told me he was at his mom's house, and he'd just come by to get it. We talked for ten minutes or so, mostly about his court case, while I filled out the title.

And then he signed it, and told me he'd be in touch next week to let me know what happened, and he was gone.

It's strange that I don't feel anything; then again, it's hard to miss someone who was never really there.

And so I close another chapter, finally, and move along; this closure is much less-painful than most of the other ones I've experienced in the last twelve months, and so I won't shed any tears. There was never any room, really, for what might have been.

And now, if you'll all excuse me, I have some spaghetti-sauce I'm working on....

2 comments:

  1. Are you keeping the truck you paid for, or are you giving it to him?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cody--I gave him the truck. I would guess the balance of payment was maybe 75-25, but regardless: I don't want a broken-down old truck. I don't need a broken-down old truck. I don't want to pay for gas for a broken-down old truck, and I don't want the hassle of selling a broken-down old truck. Let HIM have that headache; I, as you'll see in my next post, apparently have enough headaches of my own already. :)

    ReplyDelete