Friday, August 15, 2008

LOL LOL LOLLerskates!`

I just ordered myself a pizza from Pizza Hut.
The delivery person called from downstairs. Having encountered this place before, I know that Pizza Hut delivery is not allowed to actually come upstairs, for security reasons, so I went downstairs.

The delivery-girl watched her vehicle out of one corner of her eye. "I was drivin earlier," she explained, "and the transmission hose busted on me. And the transmission MOUNT," she said, "somethin was wrong with that. So I called my mechanic, I said 'man'---I didn't call him 'man', I called him the N-word--I told him 'man, come and FIX this shit!"
I told her "ooh..I know what that's like--I used to DO this!" (Which I did, back in the last days with JP...another story entirely...) Anyway, I gave her a $5 tip, because why not?

She was stunned. "Thank you so much," she said. And as I turned to walk back to the elevator, the best compliment I've heard in QUITE some time: "Stay black," she said.

I smiled all the way back upstairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment