Friday, March 25, 2005

Getting Hostile Here

To any of you hiring types of people out there, a plea:

If someone comes to an interview and goes through the whole process and jumps through all your requisite hoops and even wears freakin' NYLONS! and MAKEUP! and does everything right enough that you feel the need to tell them they're a finalist for the job...

...please, please, for the love of all that is good and human in this world, do NOT then leave it at that and let the poor person suffer the agonies of the damned for, like, ever. Or even a week. A week is forever when you're trying to get out of an office full of buttheads. And if they send you an e-mail asking, in essence, whether they're still under consideration--ANSWER IT, you vile creatures!!! Like, IMMEDIATELY!!!

(No, I do NOT care that they're probably out of the office for Easter or whatever. I am WAITING here, people, and there is no logic to this type of emotional suffering. "Did they call my references? What did Beverly say about me? Where's my damn flamethrower???" These people are SO giving me massive issues.)

I'm beginning to suspect that I didn't get either of these jobs, which is sorely disappointing.

1 comment:

  1. God, Gladys, the sheer agony inherent in your words makes my stomach knot for you. Good luck. Remember to breathe.

    ReplyDelete