Saturday, March 5, 2005

Hee!

Not to break up the little pity-party here... but this is fuckin' HILARIOUS.

First, read this.

There's no link to the list per se (and for any of you who were wondering, I've learned the location of the Trib's secret "can link/can't link" line-in-the-sand--thanks, EZ, but now do you have to de-link me after that last post?)

Not being a representative of...anybody, I can link to this list with impunity. And of course, you know me: if I CAN, I will!

The List Of Words You Can't Put On A Jersey

What I find entertaining isn't so much what's on this list, but what ISN'T.

Some examples:

As long as you know how to spell it correctly, you apparently CAN put "bestiality" on your NFL jersey.

You can't put "boody" but apparently "booty" is okay.

Though "assclown” and its variants are verboten, “asshat” and “asshelmet”--two of my favorite bits of road-rage invective--seem to be acceptable.

You can’t use “bite me” but “blow me” isn’t on the blacklist.

You can’t have “Dre” and you can’t have “G Unit”, but “50 Cent”—go right ahead.

“Joint”, “Crack”, “Pot,” “420”, “Reefer,” “Roach” and “Dope”: not okay.
“Heroin”, “Smack”, “Crystal Meth”, “Cocaine”, “LSD”: all good.

Items You Wouldn’t Expect:
“Carruth”
“F Toyota”
“Fatso”
“Hell No” (and its partner, “Hell Yes”)
“Idiot” (and also my personal favorite “ID 10 T”, which tech geeks will understand immediately)
“Juggalo” (not that I can imagine wanting THAT on a shirt, no matter the circumstances)
“Mother Love Bone” (rest in peace, Andrew Wood, but not on an NFL jersey)
“OU812” (Bad music references seem to abound here.)
“Pisser” (Dammit, Pisser, that’s just not right)
“Stupid” (Maybe it was supposed to be a public-service announcement.)

And now, thanks to the outcry, you can have “Gay” on a shirt. (But not “Gay Nazi”.)

2 comments:

  1. Har! I am jersey-bound! ;)

    How about Dicksmack...?
    Because that sounds almost
    silly enough to be a real
    name...like Winterbottom :P

    Ah, Andrew Wood...*sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dicksmack, alas, is not allowed. But I would like to see someone try to use "Dick Trickle" and get the (dick?)smackdown laid upon them. Because that could be a free-speech issue--hey, if I want to memorialize a very old NASCAR driver on my jersey, that should be my God-given right. Fucking blue-state LIB'RULS!

    (Sorry--inner redneck got loose.)

    ReplyDelete