Monday, January 9, 2006

The Reason It's So Quiet...

...is that absolutely nothing is happening.

And it's wonderful!

LJ is out of town, since Friday, and so I have spent the intervening days doing just exactly what I wanted to do, nothing more. Mostly this has involved the damn word game, watching TV, doing needlepoint, and chasing cats out of my bed. I had my second session of therapy last night, which went well, and I came home and ate ice-cream for dinner and was very happy. And when I woke up in the middle of the night and couldn't get back to sleep, I laid in bed and watched "Little House on the Prairie".

I like this life. I like solitude, probably more than I ought to. I miss LJ when he's not around, but I'm also more relaxed, and spend more time doing things I enjoy--even if those things are just puttering around and wasting time. I know I should be more productive, but I figure that will come with time; right now I'm working on just being kind to myself.

Which is kinda fun, really.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds nice. Sometimes we lose track of what we'd really like to do when we are on someone else's agenda.

    But why not share the bed with the kittays? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's something people too often forget to do--be kind to themselves. I'm glad you're doing it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Solitude can be a good friend. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy the silence while you've got it. It doesn't visit often.

    ReplyDelete