Thursday, November 29, 2007

No, Seriously....

...it really is THAT QUIET.

(Well, aside from the 3 AM sound of a certain gray-and-white cat upscuttling an ENTIRE freshly-opened bag of cat litter into the just-vacuumed carpet, that is--and the spate of profanity, dire threats, and a swat on the hindquarters (the cat's, not mine) which attended that discovery... Anybody want to be night-care for a cute kitty, so I can get some frakkin' SLEEP?)

Also: does anyone other than Firefly get a popup window when they get to this site? (FF, I'm thinkin' you've maybe got spyware--I tried opening my site both at work and at home, and my popup blockers don't even burp...but I wonder if anyone else is having the same issue?)

Work--which I still love, mind you--is nevertheless a multi-ring circus, just at the moment; having come much closer than I ever have in the past to divulging where, exactly, "work" is, I'm not going to get detailed about it (as I did in the past) because there's a much better chance that "my readership" and "my colleagues" might bump up against each other on a Venn diagram. Still love the job; it's just...There are less-than-competent people no matter WHERE you work. That's all I can say, although I can freely cross-reference with the Peter Principle.

Otherwise, it's very, very quiet. And I'm happy, for the moment, with the quietness. By spring I'll be ready for something new; in the meantime, though, I'm content to go to work, come home, eat, feed cats, watch TV, and go to sleep. It's an extremely peaceful life.

5 comments:

  1. no popups at all, and the blockers don't say a word.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a "popup blocked" thing on Firefox.

    E-mail me about werk, I am dying to bitch about mine, too but cannot blog due to cockamaimie legal reasons...

    P.S. I accidentally exploded an entire bag of kitty litter (used) down the stairs, which I immediately cleaned up, but which my crack-whore neighbor had the nerve to complain about, even though she keeps her ACTUAL GARBAGE on my balcony 362 days/yr. The gall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nope, no popups for me. I've been here from work and home, each having different software.

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just tonight I started getting expressaffiliates.com jumping up on TSOW when I tried to access some pages.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmmm....verrrrry eeenteresting.

    I will be discussing this with the Blogger folks, now that I have multiple reports....

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete