Monday, November 12, 2007

You're An Insincere, Self-Aggrandizing Jackass, And I Mean That In A Good Way

So I talked to Tim again last night--since he accused me of having "dodged" him while he was homeless, you can be damn sure I call him back when he leaves a message--and I called him on that "insincere" accusation. Get this: He says he "didn't mean it that way".

How on earth can you call someone insincere and mean it in any OTHER way?? If I called you a steaming pile of pustulent, worm-ridden vulture poop, how many ways are there to take it? And of those ways, how many are positive?

Yes--people have differences of opinion. Yes--each person tries to see himself or herself, and his or her own actions and motives, in the best possible light. I'm every bit as guilty of this as anyone else. But I think I have a pretty good monitor on it, at least; I'm fairly conscious of my own flaws, at least. I don't think insincerity is among them--though impatience with whining and excuse-making is DEFINITELY one of them, which is what Tim interprets as my "insincerity".

But apparently it's okay, because he "didn't mean it that way".

Well, to that, I say: Have a lousy day, you stenchitudinous, intellectually-underdeveloped puddle of hippo puke. And I mean that in the best way. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment