Sunday, November 2, 2008

Diagnosis (Totally Specious)

I've figured it out.
I've figured out my itching, my misery, my queasy tummy, my abject exhaustion, my total anomie:

I have American Electionosis.

All the cruelty, horribleness, meanspiritedness, disregard of fact, reliance on innuendo, ugliness, and generalized putrid behaviour surrounding this election has taken on a physical manifestation: namely, all the stuff I've had for the past month or so.

Since my defenses were already weakened by eight years too many of That Person Who Insists He Is The President, I was prime territory for this new disease to take hold. And take hold it has.

Fortunately, Tuesday is coming. I'm sure there will be a few days of residual symptoms, but I don't expect to experience this again til 2012, at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment