Wednesday, June 29, 2005

You Know What?? People Are Total Assholes

Longtime readers may remember the saga of Bob the Plumber, who screwed me out of nearly $3000 just over a year ago. I sent him several certified letters, all of which were returned as undeliverable, and finally sent one to his methadone clinic, asking them to forward it. (I never knew whether they did or not; as we shall see, they did.)

Then I sent a package to the attorney general, with photos of the crap work they'd done, and a narrative of what had happened. Today I got a response, which included the notice from the attorney general (Fuck you, Lisa Madigan) that they weren't going to pursue it. And also included the response, which I recognized from the abysmal writing style as being written by Bob the Plumber's wife, to my narrative.

Hey, guess what, guys? According to them, my lifestyle and my accomodations prove that I am one of those people who sues people to avoid taking responsibility for my own mistakes! And also? According to them, LJ or one of his "unsavory" friends went to their house (which we don't know where it is, or wouldn't I have sent the certified letters to that address?) and burglarized their van.

And I've also apparently jeopardized their "constitutional right to medical privacy". (No; I sent a letter. The clinic was not obliged to forward it.)

I have never read a bigger pack of lies and bullshit in my life. Not once. And I read a LOT.

Lately, there are entire days, people, when the only human being I can stand is the Brit.

5 comments:

  1. Grrrr!
    Bastards, the lot of 'em.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn...You still might want to file something with the Better Business Bureau to warn other people away.

    As for his "constitutional right to medical privacy," well, it's not constitutional and if he gave you the name of his methadone clinic, then there was no privacy to violate, was there (it's not like you asked for his records, for fuck's sake!). Sorry, I know far more about the HIPPA laws than I ever wanted to know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a bunch of idiots! And shame on Lisa Madigan, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So you are alive!
    have you abandoned your monster??
    :(

    so in response to this blog, how 'bout inviting the press in on it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. FFmonster--no, I haven't abandoned you--I haven't been online at all because the 'puter is NOT in the air-conditioned room. It is HOT here--90+ for the past week, or something like it. All I've been doing is hiding in the A/C. And let's not even talk about work.

    I tried the press thing. In fact, I tried them even BEFORE the attorney general. They weren't interested. The press sucks too.

    ReplyDelete