Thursday, November 9, 2006

Unemployment, Day....er, Night...um...Day 14? I Think...

I am a wee bit foggy today.

One of two things has happened, or a piece of each: either I was WAY more tense about those interviews than I thought, or my allergies/a cold have laid me low...but I woke up at 4 this afternoon. I'm snerking and honking and occasionally sneezing out major organ systems, and I have a rabid howler-monkey of a headache. I think it's just allergies, but...yuck anyway. I keep telling myself I need to buy a humidifier for my room, and then it never seems to get bought. I think that may change shortly, because this is no fun.

No news on the job front, which is to be expected...I did send thank-you notes to everyone I interviewed with yesterday, so I am serene in the knowledge that I've done everything possible.

Having said that...I'm enjoying this "vacation". When I went from Place Where I Used To Work Before This Last One to Place That Fired Me, I didn't give myself any time off at all--I put in my last day on a Friday and started the new job the following Monday. It's nice to sleep in and spend my time doing what I want. I think I'd get bored and neurotic if it continued--to say nothing of "broke"!--but for a couple of weeks, it's nice.

On a totally unrelated note: Does anyone else remember when EVERYTHING that was good on television was on Thursday night? I can't even resort to Discovery Health or CourtTV tonight--they've got their pregnancy block and their Movie of the Week, respectively. Blecccch. This has been the pattern EVERY Thursday lately--nothing at all to watch. Ah, well. Guess I'll crochet or something....(she said, knowing full well that the furthest she would get from the computer chair for the next couple of hours would be the bathroom or the fridge...)

2 comments:

  1. I so know what you mean about Thursdays. I don't have cable so I'm stuck with network TV and the only hour I watch on Thursdays is CSI. They destroy their best line-ups because they decide that the best way to promote new shows is to put them with their strongest older shows. Then they move the weaker shows in the same spot to a different night, which ends up killing them after a season or so.

    Of course, now CBS' best night is Sunday with the Race/Case/Trace combination....nice aliteration, too. Although, I have to admit their Wednesday's are pretty strong too.

    I hope your sinuses become clear soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say that, at least from a blogging standpoint, that I'm really enjoying your unemployment.

    ReplyDelete