Friday, June 11, 2004

Induce Vomiting

My mother wonders why I don't do religion anymore.



I don't do religion for two reasons. One of them is very personal and relates directly TO my mother; essentially, she told me on my 26th birthday that she attributed JP's death to her prayers on the morning of the day he died, prayers that a "miracle" would bring me back home. That's one reason.



The other reason is because too large a share of religious discourse in America has been co-opted by the sort of people who bring you things like this.



If the "one true god" is this judgemental, hateful, sanctimonious, and loathesome, then I pray for the safe harbor of Hell.



(And besides, according to this, my mom is screwed too. Hey Mom--look out for The Death Cookie!!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment