Thursday, June 17, 2004

It's Gotten Awfully Quiet Around Here....

No, I have not been jailed for doing some nonspecific violence to the man who forgot my birthday. (Like everything else, we sorta glossed that over and got on with life...neither of us is much for arguments.)



No, instead, I'm back to work--which is now officially on my list of People, Places, and Things Which I Must Get Out Of My Life At All Costs. In fact, it's not only on my list--it's #1 with a bullet, and if I had the choice of where to SEND that bullet, I've got a short-list for THAT honor, as well. (Hint: a rant about RuthAnne is rapidly building up steam, to the point of explosion. Though I'll admit that I hate it when people don't know what they're doing, I'm much more accepting when they at least ADMIT it. When they flat-out LIE about it, and when that lie makes ME look like the one who doesn't know what she's talking about---well, fuck THAT, I say. And RuthAnne has now told such lies TWICE in less than 24 hours.)



Meanwhile, I'm ready to fire my plumber--except that for the first time yesterday he actually had a valid reason for not being there when he said he would: he was apparently in the hospital, attempting to pass one of his many kidney stones. His wife called me with the gory details--and I DO mean gory! I had the jibblies for half an hour after hearing all that.



Goals for today:

1. Avoid getting fired for snapping off completely at Lying Hag RuthAnne

2. Leave work on time, instead of the 90 min-2 hours late I've left every day this week.



No comments:

Post a Comment