Saturday, January 8, 2005

High Praise

It was an interesting week, but not in the way I thought it was going to be.



Damian left last night, but not before I paused and took a mental count of the number of females he's involved with. There's his girl he lives with, a girl he brought over on Thursday night, the 42-year-old he told me about the other night, some chick from a rich family, and another female he was talking to on the phone last night. (Yeah, just for health reasons, I think I'll proactively count myself OUT of that list.) At one point, I told him I was gonna start calling him "Spot", because he was such a dog.



After Damian left, LJ went up to watch the game in bed. When I got there, he turned off the TV and I said to him "Man, I KNOW this wasn't how you planned to start the new year."



I don't know why, exactly, but he was very talkative last night. We ended up talking for about three hours, with him doing most of the talking, telling me about all his plans and how he expects to carry them out. We also talked a lot about Damian and his situation....which was actually a good thing.



Let's just say I think LJ might have picked up the clue-phone somewhere along the line; I think after listening to Damian all week and getting the stories of all the frantic, emotionally-manipulative calls from his girl, LJ maybe appreciates his current situation a lot more.



Apparently Damian had a few things to say about me as well. LJ told me "All week I'm hearin' 'I can't stand my girl, I wish I had a girl like yours. She don't nag you, she works, she cooks...I ain't never heard you say shit bad about her.'" Which--despite Damian's hound-like tendencies--was still a pretty cool thing to hear.



And then--and I'm not sure I will ever get over this--LJ said something totally out of character for him. We were talking, very obliquely, about E-MailGate, about whether or not he was messing around or what--and he was telling me about how he sees his friends doing that and doesn't understand why, if they're so unhappy, they just don't LEAVE instead of cheating. "I mean, yeah, I see females--when they wanna buy some weed, or if somebody else brings them with. And yeah, I mean, they try to holla at me and shit. But I'm not gonna risk what I've got on no shit like that." He got quiet for a minute, and then Mr. Detached, Unemotional, Cool-as-Ice LJ said. "I guess what I'm tryin' to say is....I'm happy here. And I will ALWAYS come home."



We finally fell asleep around 4 AM. And I think I was probably still smiling in my sleep.



Yeah--it was a good week.

1 comment:

  1. Gladys.....I admire you. :)

    That's about all I have to say at this moment. And that I'm happy he finally said something.

    Keep going.....

    ReplyDelete