Tuesday, January 4, 2005

I Think I Need A Chaperone.

Interesting things that happened today:



1. I received an e-mail from a former online flirtation, with whom I haven't spoken in years. Since 2002, in fact--or so he says.



2. In trying to find out when I'd last written to him, I went back into my Yahoo sent-mail box, and found the following. (Keep in mind: this was sent from my account, on 12/30, at 2:40 in the morning. At this point in time, I had left my e-mail up--LJ was in and out of the house (allegedly "working"), and I wasn't expecting him home. I don't recall whether or not he brought home any of his friends (you know, the ones who supposedly use his paid personals account to chat up females)that night...but I doubt it.)



Here's what I found:



Subject: See you soon! 'PIC' *PIC*

To: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx





hi miss lady. can we be friends? can i get to know u alittle better sweety? my name is {insert name here--close but not exactly his}. let me know if u is intersted sweety. see u at the dance boo. take care, see u soon




This is--like the last one I found, an IM a few months ago--almost word-for-word what he sent me when he responded to my personal ad.



3. When I called him--very calmly this time--I asked him "Who was at our house Thursday night?" Conveniently, he claimed not to remember. I told him why I was asking, and he claimed he still didn't remember who was here, but he claimed he hadn't written to anyone and hadn't been to any parties or such in at least 8 months. (He was out all night New Years' Eve--again, supposedly "working".) I said "okay," and told him I'd talk to him later.



Apparently he heard something in my tone--perhaps it was the dripping disdain and the distant sound of locks about to be changed--but five minutes later he called back and told me he was going to cancel that paid account, because he wasn't going to let anyone else use his shit anymore and he wasn't going to deal with it anymore. As he put it, "I mean, you the expert--you WORK with computers. I KNOW you can find out everyplace I went online, where I was, who I talked to--if I was gonna fuck around, I sure as hell wouldn't use the computer!"



I don't know if I buy this--as you might well imagine--and as far as I'm concerned, this is a Pending Argument...but I somehow don't think it's gonna be resolved tonight.



See, there's a little complication.



Remember a post or two back, my post about Damian and his little info-seeking tactics? Remember his "Yeah, I think Lisa's days are numbered" quote?



Well, it looks like the "number" in question was "two".



In the middle of my "why are you talking to females on MY e-mail account?" line of questioning, LJ told me "Yeah, Damian got into it with his girl, so he gon' be stayin' with us for three days or so, maybe til Friday."



Prediction from the 0-for-4 Psychic: It's gonna be an interesting week.



I'm not a vengeful person. But I am--in typical Gemini fashion--both a self-protective and a self-destructive person. I have been driven in the past, by that duality, to do some ugly, evil shit--and generally it's turned out splendidly. I'm lucky that way--or maybe I've just been able to ignore the less-than-splendid outcomes. I am a fan of the grand, majestic gesture, and though I am slow to act on it--often inexcusably slow--my anger is something that I carry around with me constantly. In some ways it's my main motivator; I only hold it in check because I generally see no good and acceptable reason to let it out.



When given a good or acceptable reason, however...a reason, maybe, like finding out that for two years I've been being played?



If that's the case--or even if it just can't be empirically disproved that that's the case--well, to say the least, look out.

2 comments:

  1. I'm scared & I'm like a grillion miles away. It stems from spending 10 years with a gemini woman who was tempremental, half temper- half mental! Arf arf

    ReplyDelete
  2. First off, gemini girls kick ass. Best way I've ever heard us described: "Life with a gemini will never be boring. It may not always be exciting, but it will never be boring."

    Second, Gladys, I know not your situation more than what I read in comic sans on a semi-weekly basis, but my experience with online daters has left me a little wary. After a series of interneters all ended our little dating foray with "I've met someone else," it occurred to me that maybe, just maybe, that female buffet is just too much for some guys to pass up.

    Follow your gut. Don't let him explain himself out of it unless it's a damn good, painfully honest explanation. Maybe he's a player, maybe he's not, but either way you need to put yourself first here.

    ReplyDelete