Sunday, January 9, 2005

I Need A Vacation

I was off for nearly two weeks over the holidays.

I have now been back to work for five days--four-and-a-half, really, since I went in late one day because of the snow.

I need a vacation.



I have been on the Monday bus since early this morning (which always happens when I have to go to Mom's on Sunday; it eats up a whole day of my weekend and always messes up my weekend routine.) I would seriously give almost anything to not have to go to work on Monday--or at all, anymore. Not because I hate work; because I hate that place and at least half of the people in it. Because I have quite a lot of other things I'd ever-so-much rather be doing. Because I am tired of devoting most of my waking hours to work--because I realize this isn't where my future lies, and because spending time where my future ISN'T, just diminishes the amount of time I can spend getting to where my future IS.



It's 3 in the morning and I've been working on my website. (No, not this one--this one is gonna get an overhaul too, though. I'm getting tired of the orange background and Arial Sans (or whatever font this is--Ka knew what it was but I don't recall and I'm too lazy to go look up her comment) and now that I know how to upload images, I can have some real fun with this.)



I feel like I am compressing all my living into forty-eight hours between Friday night and bedtime on Sunday. There just aren't enough hours to cram in everything that matters to me--even if what matters to me is just to sit in front of the TV for a while and relax. I hate that I have to waste some of this valuable time sleeping--and generally I love sleeping!



2 comments:

  1. Oh Gladys, I totally relate to this. There we go living in parallel universes again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I was totally making up what font you had in my earlier comment. I was also wrong: I made a crack about it being Courier 10 point, but Courier is that horrid jagged little default computer font that was all but replaced by Times New Roman. I really have no idea. Verdana, maybe.

    But change! Redefine! Reinvigorate! Live large!

    ReplyDelete