Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Two Words: 1. Woo; 2. HOO!!

I am so not a baseball fan. And the denizens of my neighborhood are not so very much renowned for their love of the game either.

But we live in Chicago, home of a century-and-a-half of aggregat baseball futility. And tonight, that combined century-and-a-half?

Has ENDED!!!!!

You can hear the shouts and the hoots and the hollers and the popping of firecrackers (I HOPE) all up and down my block. Sometimes people just need an excuse to yell WOOHOO, but somehow I don't think that's what's driving this merriment.

All of you Sox who are reading this??? You RULE, guys. Absofreakinlutely RULE.

The city of Chicago thanks you.
(Except maybe the Cubs fans.)

1 comment:

  1. I am glad your drought has ended. What a shame that the umpires were not up to the level of play.

    ReplyDelete