Wednesday, November 24, 2004

ARGH!

It has now taken me fourteen hours to unfuck my computer.



I'll admit to being a dumbass--I went to a "free clipart" site, because I needed free clipart. It wasn't a popped-up site; I went to Google like a civilized individual and looked for "clip art".



I knew something was up when it asked me if I wanted to install something. Even when you click no, that generally doesn't help--by the time it asks, you've already been befucked.



After two safe-mode reboots, three runs through McAfee and about seventeen abortive runs through AdAware, which it kept crippling, I finally got the evil little fuckwad out of my computer.



*****



I'll be spending Thursday night at Mom's. This is a little TOO much family time, if you ask me--I would infinitely prefer to spend my Thursday night at home, in my bed, with my guy. I can't sleep at Mom's.



I'll have her ratty little dialup connection, though, so I'll be able to blog if the urge strikes.

No comments:

Post a Comment