Tuesday, September 6, 2005

And We ELECTED This Family. TWICE.

I am going to post this as a prime example of my new theorem: Stupid Speaks For Itself.

"What I'm hearing is they all want to stay in Texas," she said. "Everyone is so overwhelmed by the hospitality. And so many of the people in the arena here, you know, were underprivileged anyway, so this, this is working very well for them." --Barbara Bush, on the evacuees from Hurricane Katrina, 9/6/2005

We elected this family. Twice. Just remember that.

6 comments:

  1. I had a really painful discussion today with someone who can't find it in himself to be that upset about the devastation because Katrina's aftermath is "the only time in recent history the government has not been at the beck and call of those people".

    As in, they're whining because their welfare checks were late.

    I'd like to introduce that man to Barbara. I think they'd get along.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd like to introduce that man to the business end of a flamethrower, myself. Where do these people COME from????

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sadly, they come from the same places we do...My great-uncle, when I told him that I was going to work with homeless women in DC, said, "Why? You know that they choose to be homeless, don't you?"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well it's easy to see the values that were instilled in the young George.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cringe when I think about what their Thanksgiving dinner conversations are like. And Barb is supposed to be the more well-read half of the pair!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Go to my blog post from today. I have something to tell you. :)

    ReplyDelete