Saturday, September 3, 2005

More Bad News

Ohhh, man, this can't be good.

I wrote an e-mail to the Brit a few days back expressing a very cautious hope that maybe there was a light at the end of the tunnel; after all, don't repressive regimes eventually inspire a backlash, expressed at first within the artistic and creative communities? He, of course, was much less optimistic--but that's what he does, and part of why I'm still completely charmed (damn all my luck).

But after reading this, I'm not so sure that light at the end of the tunnel might not be an oncoming train. Whose idea was it to make them Supreme Court Justices for life, anyway?

This ain't gonna be pretty, is it.

2 comments:

  1. I do believe that this signals the end of the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Georgie-boy is probably dancing when he's off camera. How he keeps his face straight as he talks about what a great loss this has been is beyond me.

    ReplyDelete