Thursday, September 8, 2005

I Did Something Really Bad Today

I think I misplaced one of Tim's cats.

In my basement, there are two glass-block windows, with the little jalousie thingies inside. On one of the windows, the little jalousie is broken out and there's a piece of sheet metal that clips over the hole. When I mow the lawn, I run an electrical cord out that window, after I move the metal plate.

Well, apparently I didn't put the plate back tightly enough the other day. Because this morning when I left for work, I noticed the window was open. I figured I'd fix it when I got home, but then as I drove to work, I thought to myself: I wonder if the basement door is closed? I learned about this one day when I was mowing the lawn and White Cat wedged his bulky little behind out the window and started strolling around like he owned the place; ever since, I've been extra careful. Or at least, I THOUGHT I was.

Cassidy, though, is HUGE. The cat weighs 30 pounds if he weighs an ounce; he looks like a big raccoon. I can't imagine him wedging his fat ass out the window--it doesn't seem possible! But when I came back this morning, after getting halfway to work and turning around to make sure the plate was in the window and the basement door was shut, I did a head-count: no Cassidy. And when I got home this evening: no Cassidy.

He may be somewhere in the house, but I doubt it. I've asked all the neighbors to keep an eye out, and I've looked under all the nearby porches, but so far, nothing.

Stupid cat. (Yes, I know--stupid Gladys, too. But I'M not the one who squeezed my enormous ass out the window and ran away.)

No comments:

Post a Comment