Saturday, July 31, 2004

Everybody Out Of The Pool

And this afternoon, the sky opened up, the sun beamed down, and choirs of angels sang, to the tune of Handel's Messiah:



"BOB the Plumber! BOB the Plumber!"



That's right, folks: he was actually HERE.



And he brought Dave, who is now my new best friend.



Dave is a retired carpenter. Dave not only EXACTLY endorsed my plan of how to fix the bad joists, but then spent the better part of an hour telling me all the things that were wrong with my house and how easy it would be to fix all of them...and THEN giving me decorating advice. And it was GOOD decorating advice--not the sort of thing you would expect from a mid-50's biker-looking dude from Albany Park.



Before he left, he even told me: "Yeah, you've got some problems here--but they're all repairable. Your structure is solid, and once we get this problem upstairs fixed, you'll never have to worry about THAT again. So don't be discouraged."



That, above all else, was what I needed to hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment