Wednesday, July 21, 2004

Jaysus.

An exercise: Go here. Then come back.



http://www.velocity.net/~acekc/index.htm



Very "street". right? I mean, I guess it's good that the Web can help you to find a gang-sign dictionary when you need one...and obviously the creator of this site has some kind of street cred, right? I have a great deal of respect for the life of the streets and those who live it--as you can probably tell by various other things I've said in other entries.



But somehow, that credibility is lessened when you find out that the thug in question is this guy. (Honey, I have some advice for you. Ready? Here it is: Don't EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER EVER come to my neighborhood. Because--sweetie?--I don't know if you've noticed....but neither you, nor any of your "gangsta" friends, are in any way "thugz 4 life". Just because you own a 2Pac record mixed in with all your Eminem and Jay-Z, that does not--no, really!--make you an "O.G". And the first time you even THOUGHT about calling somebody "n***a", the guys in my neighborhood--including the one I live with and all his friends--would wrap your testicles around your neck and make you wear your own sphincter as a nose-ring. Now. Why don't you go listen to some Limp Bizkit and Staind until you've processed that image, 'kay? Thanks, asshat.)



Fat Joe said it best:



"Even Lil' Bow Wow throwin' it up/B2K Crip-walkin' like that's whazzup...."



Joe, my good man, now you know how I felt when everybody and his dog started wearing flannel shirts and Doc Martens. We kill our artists and then shit on their art. And then we wonder why all the REAL things get corrupted. (The only difference between what happened then and what Fat Joe sees is this: Kurt Cobain was an average-size man. If Big Pun started spinning in HIS grave, there'd be a disturbance in the gravitational field of the Earth.)



1 comment:

  1. Gladys, you have some very good advise for Mr. Gang Signs. But he's too cool to recognize it.

    Kevin

    http://ctatattler.com

    ReplyDelete