Wednesday, July 13, 2005

By Popular Demand...

You know what sucks?

When you have a story with a big dramatic build-up and then nothing happens.

I seem to have several of those in the hopper at the moment.

1. I never heard back from CR about the "help" he needed.
2. I never heard back from PTHGE about...anything. Granted, it's only been a couple of days, but still.
3. Nothing new from the Brit.
4. I gave notice on Monday and...

Yeah, that's the one everybody wants to hear...except nothing happened. I slipped a perfectly-civil resignation letter onto Beverly's chair when she stepped out of her office for a minute (never let it be said that I'm not a total coward). Beverly read it, ran down the hall and got Amy, and they dragged me into Beverly's office...where they congratulated the heck out of me and generally acted like civilized humans. (It seemed a little insincere, but maybe I'm just paranoid that way.)

I think they're glad to be shut of me, actually. And if they're not glad today, they'll certainly be glad tomorrow...they're meeting with Stan the Big Tech Guy, to whom I've been feeding info about the database catastrophe for months now, and The Boss of All Bosses--their supreme overlord, to whom Stan has been passing along my info from Day One. I have a feeling this is not gonna be a pretty meeting, and I have a feeling that Joanie, the Brit, and I (the three who Stan's spoken to about the database) will all be even deeper in the shit afterwards.

Of course, this could be just another nothing-comes-of-it drama.

Seven days left!!!!

3 comments:

  1. You just make sure that you keep us posted when it all kicks off.

    Enjoy your last week, do you think you'll keep in touch with the Brit?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, but what can they really do to you at this point?

    She better keep in touch with the Brit...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kiss the Brit and mean it before you leave.

    ReplyDelete