Monday, July 25, 2005

First Day

Today went well--not terribly exciting, honestly, but I think I'm going to like it there...

...once they get the air-conditioning fixed.

I feel as though I've been slow-cooked in my own juices all day--like a pot roast.

I definitely like my bosses, though. They as much as confessed that they're not quite sure what all I'm going to do; the official job title appears to be "Jack of All Trades" and so I'll be doing a little bit of everything. Which is fine with me, but I'm anxious to get started.

(Not that the past is behind me, even the parts I wish would go away: at 9:15 AM I got a call from Amy looking for a password to my old machine. Like the new tech couldn't have reformatted the machine--oh, wait. That would only have worked if the new tech was THERE, as opposed to keeping his own schedule totally not in keeping with everyone else's. Much more pleasantly, around midday I heard from the Brit, via e-mail: "Weird, your not being here." Yeah, to say the least. I miss him so damn much.)

I think I'll like the new job; I just wish it would START.

5 comments:

  1. No AC! ACK!

    Seriously, though, the first week is mostly orientation, so have patience, young Jedi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a great start, albeit a warm one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. not only should you have patience, but you should try to do as poor a job as possible in this first week. That way you're bound to show constant, steady improvement. Break things and go, 'Ooooops!'

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't what either you or he says. He wants you. He emailed you - AT HOME - on your last day, and now again on your first. Puh-leeze. He can't stop thinking about you. He doesn't want to lose you. Girlfriend or no, he wants you. Simple as that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ka, I hereby hire you as Final Arbiter of Everything.

    Not because I necessarily think you're right--though of course I hope so!--but because I do SO love that interpretation of things.

    Brando, there's nothing good to break. I've looked.

    The A/C was fixed today, fortunately; in fact, towards the end of the day I had to un-freeze the tip of my nose a couple of times. I'm not complaining!!

    ReplyDelete