Thursday, July 14, 2005

Yeah, Another One Of Those Unresolved Drama Things.

The meeting happened, and no one killed me after, so I guess it went okay. Then there was another meeting, of which I was a part, which went slightly less-okay but in a quiet way, after RuthAnne and Noreen and I were exiled to the lunchroom to update a list. We could hear voices raised in the conference room, but not the content of what they were yelling about. As they passed through the lunchroom on the way out, Stan patted me on the back and Beverly rolled her eyes at me as if to say "What a clusterfuck." So I don't know who won.

And ohhhh, the Brit. I stopped by his building on the way back from another, because his building is air-conditioned and it was a long walk and people, it is FUCKING HOT here, and humid beyond belief. And purely by coincidence we discovered that we both needed to make a trip to the same satellite office--stop laughing, all of you; it really WAS a coincidence!--so we first piled everything we needed to carry into the 'Ho, then realized: the office van? Has AIR CONDITIONING. Which the 'Ho does not. Needless to say, we took the van. And the offices are about twenty minutes apart, so we got to talk for a bit.

My first husband would have called this "intellectual fornication".

There was a weird little moment when we got back, right after we got out of the car--I can't describe it any better than that: "a weird little moment". But in a good way. I seriously think I'm starting to imagine things.

When I got back to my MERCIFULLY AIR-CONDITIONED office, there was an e-mail from PTHGE, telling me about his new job and mentioning the existence of a girlfriend. So why e-mail me in the first place? Suspicious, if you ask me. We'll see where this goes. (But I have a better new job than he does, so nanny nanny boo boo, regardless.)

Something has got to be done about this humidity, though. Even my SKIN feels frizzy.

2 comments:

  1. Was the weird little moment the kind that could've led up to a kiss?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe in some parallel universe where I wasn't a total chicken...:)

    ReplyDelete