Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Things of Which I Have Had Enough, Already.

1. Raging heat and humidity.
2. LJ, who didn't come home last night (He said he was staying "at his momma's." File under Excuses, Highly Unlikely; cross-reference with Excuses, Done To Death.)
3. The Brit; or more accurately the Brit and his girlfriend; or still more accurately, the fact that the Brit hasn't the slightest interest in me on anything more than a friendship basis.
4. The fact that ugly, hateful, mean, cruel, vindictive people get laid more than I do.
4a. (Which is "none".)
5. And have someone waiting for them to come home at the end of the day.

Numbers 6-854, inclusive: My job.

855. Missing JP.
856. The guilt that has cropped up in the past few days about JP, about Lou, about Sophia, about everything I've done wrong in the past ten years.
857. George W Bush. And the fact that his quacking has pre-empted "Forensic Files."
858. Too many damn cats.
859. Have you EVER tried to put ointment in a cat's eyes? Not easy. In fact, barely possible.
860. The fact that my mother is not capable of planning a two-hundred-mile journey without leaving maudlin phone messages, laying out all her personal papers, and making a list of phone numbers to call "just in case something happens". I mean, you're going to GREEN BAY, not Calcutta! (Yes, I know it COULD happen; I prefer not to dwell on it, and wish she wouldn't either.)
861. The fucking TAPEWORM. I ate FORTY-FIVE MINUTES ago and I'm already hungry again. Jeez.
862. Feeling like "everything's going right for a change, so why do I feel so shitty?"
863. Feeling this shitty in the first place.

I'm going to bed now.

6 comments:

  1. I share a lot of your pain Gladys, particularly no 4.

    ReplyDelete
  2. #862 I feel this way alot. Have no clue why just makes you feel shitter that you don't know why you feel shitty.
    My suggestion, sit and watch some comedy central, have a few laughs and then things will seem better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank goodness PMS isn't on the list yet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm feeling the pain on #4 as well. BLECH!

    As for #857 - after watching the bonus material on the Farenheit 9/11 DVD, I've come to the conclusion that that man is a twit. Unfortunately, he's a twit with the power to appoint supreme court justices. Damn, I feel a headache coming on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Completely with you on #s 1, 4, 4a, 5 (except for the cat, which ain't bad), 857 (quacking - a good word for it), 858, although I love them - SPAY THE WORLD! - and 861.

    Bravo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not sure you're right about the getting laid part.

    ReplyDelete