Thursday, July 21, 2005

What a Day

Oh ho ho ho ho ho.

Wow.

There was a conversation today that I can't quite process yet. (No, nothing definitive or irrevocable was said, but that wall--the one that ensured we talked only about 99% politics, office and otherwise--was very clearly breached today.)

I'll go to the end because it seems illustrative.

We sat in the car for about five minutes in the parking space on the other side of the street in front of his building, talking about international politics as usual (I TOLD you, we're NERDS); then he got out and said "see you tomorrow" and walked away.

As he crossed over to the median he turned and waved.

And a few feet down the street, turned and waved again.

And once more as I pulled out of the parking space into traffic.

I laughed the whole way home.

I'm trying to talk myself out of the things I'm thinking; I'm trying to talk myself out of thinking there's anything more to this than the absolute shallowest surface interpretation of "friendly concern". I'm not succeeding, and for a change I'm not sure I should be.

And ohhhhh, I am going to miss this man.

6 comments:

  1. Very cute! I love that twittery feeling....

    Anonymous Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. He likes you. So here's the plan...I'll come seduce the girlfriend away from him, and then he's all yours, baby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spin, I didn't know you swung that way!

    Gladys, I know you're all "he likes me as a friend" and everything, but waving thricely doesn't sound like "just friends" to me. I think you might be getting to him a little.

    And toss LJ out the window. He doesn't deserve you. Period.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jump him!

    Jumphimjumphimjumphimjumphimjumphim.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ka - I swing all ways...sometimes at once.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you're living rent-free in his head right now.

    ReplyDelete