Tuesday, August 31, 2004

You Had Your Chance, Zorn.

Eric Zorn is a Chicago Tribune columnist.



Eric Zorn has a blog.



Eric Zorn's blog has a blogroll, mainly of Chicago blogs. Not all blogs on his blogroll are political or news-based; some of them ain't even all that good, IMHO. (And at the moment, his blogroll is inexplicably down. This only slightly alters the utility of this post.)



Eric Zorn gives many, many shout-outs to bloggers he reads.



At the end of his blogroll, Eric Zorn says something to the effect of "...if you have a blog that you feel should be included, send an e-mail to me at..."



I have sent several e-mails. (June 23, June 29, and one more which was sent from a different addy and subsequently deleted.)



I have not been included, despite several "oh, yeah, I'll add you"s. (I don't mind not being added--I mind being TOLD that I'll be added and then not being added. The "busy journalist, I forgot" excuse flies--ONCE. Not three times. If I suck, tell me to my face. At least then I can use that for street cred: "My blog is so out-there that Eric Zorn refuses to add it to his blogroll!" I take my credibility where I can find it.)



Furthermore--I now have over 1000 hits in one hundred and eleven days. So even if I DO suck, and even if many of my hits are because I typed "Karshner triplets" in a post and am thus one of the top 10 results when you Google those words, I'm still a blog and people still read me--for whatever reason.



I am hereby de-listing Mr. Zorn from my Blogroll.



I don't care that he doesn't care, or that he won't notice. That matters not a whit to me.



It's the principle of the thing, goddamnit.

No comments:

Post a Comment