Tuesday, August 31, 2004

One More And Then I'll Sleep

Okay, so Friday there's this movie coming out--"Wicker Park"?



JP and I lived in Wicker Park. I am tempted by that fact alone to go see this movie, which otherwise looks like an unutterable suckfest.



We lived there in 1995, and even then, it was starting to get overrun by faux-hipsters weaned on Liz Phair's Exile in Guyville. There's an intersection in the real W.P.--Milwaukee, North, and Damen--which was so packed with poseurism that we avoided it whenever possible and referred to it as the Intersection of the Damned. (Unfortunately our favorite pawnshop was just a few buildings away from that intersection, so we saw more of it than we wanted to see when we needed our fix money.)



I'd be entertained to see what nine years have wrought in the portrayal of our old neighborhood. I've already seen what nine years have done to the neighborhood itself; that's a post for another day, though.

1 comment:

  1. I'm tempted to see "Wicker Park" too... because Josh Hartnett is in it. And from what you know of me from my blog, Gladys, I'm sure you can guess why. :)

    ReplyDelete