Monday, October 18, 2004

I Am Sick.

It got me, boys and girls.



The Cold--the very same Cold I was so proud to have successfully dodged thus far--has come to get me.



Could it have been from sleeping in a 52-degree house next to a very certifiably not-healthy LJ? Quite possibly. Or could my immune system have been weakened a bit from spending four hours in the damp cold while Tim played jigsaw-puzzles with his life in the back of my truck? Could be...Of course, it was ALSO going around The Office. Actually, come to think of it, it's a miracle I made it so far!



Anyway. Last night I woke up doing the Machine-Gun Sneezing thing, and when I got up at 6:15 I thought "nuh-uh." I went downstairs and called into work.



"And then I went back to bed."



Oh, wait--no, I didn't. I started to think about all the things I had promised people for today. So I wrote some e-mails. Then I started thinking "you know, I'd feel really bad if I didn't get Faith that data I promised her last week..." This necessitated some more e-mails. And then there was the e-mail to Pham, the guy who was gonna figure out what was wrong with the FTP server...and then by that time everyone had gotten to work and started answering my e-mails and reminding me of stuff I was supposed to do for them (Noreen most prominent among them--the evil beeeeeyotch won't even let me be SICK in peace!)



It was 1:30 before I felt comfortable enough to quit working on stuff. You read that right: 1:30 PM. As in, I've now been working for 7 hours and I stayed home because I'm sick.



Finally, around 3, I turned off the PBS kids' shows (hey, what can I say--I just like cartoons, is all) and took a nap. Got up--cooked dinner, ate dinner, changed the catboxes (about which more momentarily!) and now it's 10:00 and I have to be up at 6 tomorrow.



Something ain't quite right here.

1 comment:

  1. i hope you feel better, Gladys! watch lots of Sagwa and Clifford. :)

    ReplyDelete