Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Evaluation Redux

UPDATE: Because I just read this part again: "...she also has some difficulty anticipating potential problems and often underestimates the time it will take to complete a task....

Ooh. Kinda like the database guy? Except...not, because back in OCTOBER I told them 1) there were potential problems with this upgrade, 2) exactly what they were, c) exactly what we could do to avoid them, and d) approximately how long I thought it would take to resolve them. And The Big Tech Guy read that document a few weeks ago, after our lunch meeting, and pronounced it "magnificent"....Beverly and Amy, however, accused me of "stirring the pot" and disregarded every single one of my recommendations.

I'm wondering if, in fact, that's what all this is about. I haven't toed the party line with this database upgrade; I've made it very clear all along that I think this should have been done much more slowly and carefully than it was. I've made no secret of my opinion, and I don't regret that...but I do wonder if maybe this evaluation doesn't contain a heaping tablespoon or two of revenge.

(I'd quit dwelling on this, except I told the Brit about it this morning and he's properly outraged on my behalf, and he's actually even HOTTER when he's outraged. If that is in fact possible. It's KILLING me, people, the hotness.)

3 comments:

  1. Damn him having a girlfriend and being hot! But seriously, the evaluation does seem more bitter than average (and I've had to write the damn things...there are ways of being diplomatic, yet to the point if there are issues).

    ReplyDelete
  2. (sigh)
    if only there were some women IN britain who'd appreciate british hottest as you do.
    And though I don't do outrage on my own behalf; I'm actually very good at being outraged for other people.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You need to get out of that company ASAP! Too bad Brit's got a gf.

    ReplyDelete