Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Happy 10,000 To Me

As of about 5 minutes ago, The Story of Why had its 10,000th visitor. It's just a little more than a day short of a year since I loosed this blog on the outside world.

I'll never be Wonkette, maybe, but 10,000 hits a year is a number I can live with.

Thanks to all my loyal regulars (and also my disloyal irregulars, and the perverse freakpeople who want to know about the K@rshner Triplets, canine-hum@n sex, and/or "fucked my d@ughter" stories. Because frankly, I get a lotta hits off those people, and so I can't entirely dismiss them out of hand. But to those folks I will say, I think you all might need some hobbies--preferably the kind that require BOTH hands, if you get my meaning and I think you do.)

I'm sitting here in my room listening to the Replacements, a few hours before the start of my vacation. And as much as I whine and whinge and cry about the state of my life and my loves and my job, I have to say that right now, at 11:39 PM on a May night in Chicago?

All things considered, it's a pretty good moment to be Gladys.

5 comments:

  1. Yay for you!
    Can we have a joint celebration because my humble little blog has just five minutes ago hit the 5000 mark!

    Which is a fair reflection I think. Being half as good as the legendary Gladys will do for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should reward the 10th thousand visitor, do you know who it is?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mr. M...Alas, no I don't. My SiteMeter only goes up to the last 100 visits, and this morning (okay, well, this afternoon) when I logged on, we were at 10,114. The identity of #10,000 is lost to the mists of time. But for the sake of myth, I'm going to state for the record that it was probably one of the "c@nine-human sex" queries.

    Besides, the only reward I can think of right now would be to allow someone to vacuum my scroungy living room--and that's not much of a reward, now is it? :)

    ReplyDelete