Friday, September 3, 2004

But People Bitch About OUR Neighborhood.

I just got a call from LJ. Apparently someone broke into the truck--busted out the passenger front window and the long window in the back. Didn't take anything--just fucked all holy hell out of our only-had-it-for-two-months truck. Fuckers.



I was aaaalllllmost ready to be mad at LJ, a little--parking in all those shady areas of Maywood, amongst the crack fiends and the drug houses. Then I asked him.



"Where were you parked?"



"Over by Taylor Street, by U of I!!!"



So much for shady-ass Maywood.



Aside from the obvious--how much it'll cost to get the windows replaced, our $1000 deductible, the inconvenience, what the FUCK did they want so goddamn bad anyway, and can I kill the mechanic who disconnected the alarm the last time he worked on the truck--aside from all THAT, my main emotion is annoyance:



Everyone gives me sooooooo much shit about "why do you want to live in THAT neighborhood? It's so scaaaaaary--people STEAL things!" But that truck has been parked out in front of the house from DAY ONE and nothing happened to it--it spends FIFTEEN MINUTES in Tri-Taylor and blammo--two windows gone.



Fuckers.

No comments:

Post a Comment